Alcohol & Other Drugs
LIBI’s primary focus and priority is to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our students and employees. An important component of this commitment is the prevention of substance abuse by members of the LIBI community. Substance abuse obstructs learning, teaching and personal development. However, there are also serious criminal and disciplinary implications for students and employees who use, manufacture, or sell controlled or illicit substances on any of LIBI’s properties, at LIBI sponsored events, or while representing the college. This notification recognizes LIBI’s responsibility to implement and enforce alcohol and drug regulations that are consistent with New York State laws.
Resources and Annual Notification:
2021 AOD: Annual Notification & College PolicyBIENNIAL REVIEW 2017-2019
Well-being Community Census – Take the Quiz: do you have an alcohol problem?
Well-being Community Census – Take the Quiz: Am I addicted to drugs?
Get The Facts About Drugs: JUST THINK TWICEFYS100-AOD, EiE, & Title IX On-boarding Training 2020
- Penalties for Alcohol or Drug-related Violations (New York State)
- Calculate your Blood Alcohol Content (BAC)
- Calculate the Monthly Cost of the Alcohol You Consume
- Alcohol and You: An Interactive Body
- Alcohol — Warning Signs:
- Impaired Driving
- Effects of Alcohol on YOUR Health
- Alcohol Use in Pregnancy
- Consumo de alcohol durante el embarazo
- Alcohol Myths
- Getting Help
Quit Smoking Resources
- NY State Smokers’ Quitline
- Outbreak of Lung Injury Associated with the Use of E-Cigarette, or Vaping, Products
- Brote de lesiones pulmonares asociado al uso de productos de cigarrillos electrónicos o vapeo
- Tips From Former Smokers®
This CDC campaign Web site lets you view the ads, learn more about the people featured and their health conditions, and access quit-smoking resources.
- 1-855-DÉJELO-YA (1-855-335-3569)external icon
A free, phone-based service to help Spanish speaking persons quit tobacco use.
- BeTobaccoFree.govexternal icon
This HHS Web site provides one-stop access to tobacco-related information, including information on quitting tobacco use, from its various agencies.
- smokefree.gov (en Español)external icon
A Spanish-language Web site that provides free, accurate information and assistance to help you quit smoking and stay tobacco-free.
- SmokefreeWomenexternal icon
A Web site that provides free, accurate information and assistance to help women quit smoking and stay tobacco-free.
- SfT (Smokefree Teen)external icon
A Web site that provides free, accurate information and assistance to help teens quit smoking and stay tobacco-free.
- SmokefreeTXTexternal icon
A mobile service that provides encouragement, advice, and tips to help young adults quit smoking.
- Quit Tobacco—Make Everyone Proudexternal icon
A DoD-sponsored Web site for military personnel and their families.
- Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence: 2008 Update—Overviewexternal icon
Consumer materials to help tobacco users become tobacco-free.
- Harms of Smoking and Benefits of Quittingexternal icon
A fact sheet from the National Cancer Institute that summarizes the harmful effects of smoking and short- and long-term benefits of quitting.
- American Cancer Societyexternal icon
Guide to quitting smoking.
- American Heart Associationexternal icon
Information and support to help you quit smoking.
- American Lung Associationexternal icon
Resources to help smokers figure out their reasons for quitting and then take the big step of quitting for good.
Understanding Drug Use and Help Resources
- Understanding Drug Use and Addiction
- Drugs of Abuse
- Synthetic Cannabinoids –also known by many other names including synthetic marijuana, K2, and Spice
- “Synthetic Marijuana” Fact Sheet
- Effects of Secondhand Exposure to Marijuana Smoke
- Marijuana’s Effects on Lung Health
- Available Treatments for Marijuana Use Disorders
- Prescription Drug Abuse Awareness
- HIV and Substance Use in the United States
- El VIH y el consumo de sustancias en los Estados Unidos
- Talk to Prevent
- Step by Step Guides to Finding Treatment for Drug Use Disorders
- Treatment Availability Dashboard
- Find Treatment