Get the Skills to Be a Homeland Security & Security Management Professional
16 Month* Homeland Security & Security Management Associate’s Degree
Homeland Security Professionals play a vital role in securing the country and preserving the freedoms of millions of Americans. If you’re passionate about protecting your country and its citizens, then LIBI’s program in Homeland Security & Security Management may the perfect opportunity for you.
The best way to see if LIBI is the right fit for you is to see it for yourself. You can tour our facilities, get all your questions answered, and meet with both students and instructors. Schedule a Tour Now or Get more info.
Becoming a Confident Homeland Security & Security Management Professional
At LIBI, you’ll get the crucial skills in areas such as disaster and contingency planning, knowledge of the criminal justice system, and security technology that employers look for when hiring. Invest in your future and see if a career protecting your country is the right path for you.
- Introduction to Business
- Business Communications
- Introduction to Criminal Justice
- Methods of Investigation
- Basic Fire Safety/Basic CPR/First Aid Training
- Critical Incident Management and Command Systems
- Disaster Response and Recovery Operations
- Homeland Career Development and Management
- Contingency and Emergency Planning
- Understanding Terrorism
- Introduction to Digital Crime and Digital Terrorism
- Law and Ethics for Security Professionals
- Introduction to Security
- Security Technology
- Personnel and Physical Property Security Management
I've always been the kind of person who wants to help people and do what's right. Long Island Business Institute set me on a path where I can do just that. I graduated from LIBI in Homeland Security and Security Management. I've learned and grown through the courses I've taken. In crisis emerges character. The professors I've had were top-notch with extensive knowledge and experiences in their subject matter.
EXCEL at LIBI Scholarship
Looking to save money on your tuition? The EXCEL at LIBI Scholarship is just one of a handful of scholarships that could help make your transition that much easier.
LIBI will award scholarships aimed at helping qualified students who have a financial need to complete college while limiting student loan debt. The EXCEL at LIBI Scholarship is a tuition credit that will cover any remaining tuition expenses not already covered by other forms of financial aid.
Career Opportunities in Homeland Security & Security Management
Graduates of the the LIBI Homeland Security and Security Management program may find employment as the following:
- Homeland Security: secure US airspace, protect public transportation, or secure government computer networks.
- Information Security: protect sensitive electronic information used in organizations such as financial institutions or government agencies.
- Information Systems Security: safeguard against issues such as computer hacking and viruses, which impact organizations of all sizes.
- Physical Security: work with individuals and facilities such as hospitals, casinos or museums.
- Personnel Security: work with companies or government agencies handling background checks, drug tests and screenings of potential employees.
Externship Career Training
Want to take your learning out of the classroom and right into a real business environment? Take advantage of one of the many externship opportunities that we keep on file. The experiences gained during externships are invaluable and they look fantastic on your resume as well.
With an externship in your back pocket, you’ll feel confident pursuing your career in Homeland Security and Security Management.
Academic Success Center
Get the support you need to launch a successful career. Our Academic Success Center offers you help with subject-specific areas. This means that even if a new topic or concept isn’t clicking right away, you can get the help you need.
Our Academic Success Center is also dedicated to supporting you throughout your career. Experienced Job Placement professionals are happy to help with things like resume preparation, interview techniques, and job searches.
Financial Aid: Funding Your Career Training
While LIBI does recommend that students seek out federal financial aid (FAFSA) and aid from the State of New York, we do pride ourselves on offering numerous bursaries and scholarships. One such scholarship, the EXCEL at LIBI Scholarship, has helped many of our past students graduate debt-free.
*Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.
Is a Career in Homeland Security & Security Management Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about a career in Security Management and exploring whether LIBI is right for you, fill out the form on this page for more information. A helpful LIBI Career Advisor will assist with everything from career questions to financial aid and help you discover the perfect career path for you.
For immediate questions, call 888-769-5424.
*Program length when completed in normal time.