Explore Your Financial Aid Options
Long Island Business Institute is dedicated to helping you on your path to continuing education. We encourage you to apply for Federal and State sponsored aid initially. With an online application, you can check your eligiblity for federal financial aid programs, including work study and loans. Some non-citizens also qualify. Check studentaid.ed.gov for more details. We also recommend applying online at hesc.gov the New York sponsored financial aid system.
“The U.S. Department of Education awards about $150 billion a year in grants, work-study funds, and low-interest loans to more than 14 million students. Federal student aid covers such expenses as tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, and transportation. Aid also can help pay for other related expenses, such as a computer and dependent care. Thousands of schools across the country participate in the federal student aid programs; ask the schools you’re interested in whether they do!” – Studentaid.gov
- Get a FAFSA PIN
- Apply on FAFSA.GOV – Check Your Eligibility for all 9 Federal Aid Programs.
- Federal student aid for non-U.S. citizens
State of New York Financial Aid Programs
“The NYS TAP program is intended to cover the tuition costs at New York colleges and schools. To be eligible for TAP, you must be a New York State resident for 12 consecutive months before the term for which assistance is sought and attend an eligible school or college located in New York State. You must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and list a New York State school or college on the form.” – Higher Education Services Corporation
Rights and Responsibilities of the Financial Aid Recipient
As a student financial aid consumer, you have the right to:
- Receive information about financial aid application procedures, cost of attendance, aid available, and renewal requirements. You also have the right to receive detailed information about LIBI’s academic programs and policies, and how they may affect your financial aid.
- Confidential protection of your financial aid records. The contents of your financial aid file are maintained in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Request a review of decisions made by LIBI’s financial aid specialists. If you wish to do so, write a letter describing your situation in detail and the decision you wish LIBI to review.
Letters should be submitted to:
Long Island Business Institute
Attention: Director of Financial Aid
136-18 39th Avenue 5th Floor
Flushing, NY 11354
As a student financial aid consumer, you have the responsibility to:
- Complete applications correctly, within the specified timeframe.
- Read and understand all materials given to you or sent to you from the Financial Aid Department and other financial aid agencies by e–mail and/or letter.
- Keep copies of all forms and materials you submitted.
- Know and comply with the rules governing financial aid programs.
- Comply with the provisions of any promissory note and all other agreements you sign.
- Register for the number of credits required to be eligible for the aid you are seeking. Do not withdraw from courses before checking with the Financial Aid Department personnel to determine how that may affect your grants and other financial aid eligibility. You must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress to qualify for renewal of your grants and other financial aid options.
- Proactively seek the help of the Financial Aid personnel at LIBI for personal assistance if you have questions or do not understand the information you received.
- Budget and manage your financial aid funds.
If you have questions about these, or other financial aid related items please visit the Financial Aid offices or email Li Zhu at firstname.lastname@example.org (Flushing and LIBI NYC students) and Nazaret Kiregian at email@example.com (Commack students).
Click Here for additional institutional grants and scholarship.
Net Price Calculator
We realize that you want be well-informed about the total cost of your education. That’s why we offer our potential students access to the Net Price Calculator tool. It will help you to get a clear picture of what it will realistically cost to attend school and train for a rewarding new career.
The Net Price Calculator helps you get an estimate of total, out-of-pocket costs that are based on your specific financial circumstances and anticipated aid.