A Career Services Department Dedicated to Your Success
Throughout the academic school year, Career Services coordinates and provides services that contribute to career guidance, current job search strategies and professional development workshops. Some of the services offered include one-on-one career counseling, individual portfolio preparation, mock interviews, professional development workshops and networking events.
Goals of the Career Services Department
- Empower students to develop the confidence to plan their futures
- Provide general information and support and individual career counseling
- Foster relationships with local businesses
- Guide students toward internship and employment opportunities
Mission Statement of the Career Services Department
The Career Services Department provides career counseling to the students and alumni of Long Island Business Institute. Career advisors help prepare students to be comfortable and confident in the career planning and job search process. By empowering students and graduates to discover their unique talents, gifts and skills, it enhances their ability to be successful academically and professionally.
Career Services Advantages
- Career Counselling – Students work collaboratively with their advisor to evaluate their skills and strengths to determine the best professional path that also enhances personal growth.
- Portfolio Preparation – Students are encouraged to build their resumes and cover letters for internship and employment opportunities.
- Mock Interviews – Students can arrange a mock interview with a career services professional and receive feedback to prepare for job interviews. Mock interviews require students to dress professionally and provide a complete portfolio.
- Jobs & Internships – LIBI’s outreach efforts have resulted in successful relationships with various companies in the Flushing area. Available internships and job opportunities are always posted on campus job boards. Current students seeking employment are encouraged to stop by the Career Services office for assistance with the application and resume process.
- Workshops – Some examples of the Career Services workshops we offer are Resume Writing, Job Search Strategies and Interview Preparation.
Events at LIBI – Begin Networking and Establish Connections
LIBI is committed to creating and maintaining relationships with companies, organizations and schools that contribute to the professional experience of its students.
Each year, LIBI organizes two career fairs and two college transfer fairs. Students are able to speak and meet with recruiters directly to further their academic and/or career exploration.
Additionally, two annual student conferences are held in which guest speakers present on topics relevant to their professional and personal experience.
Career Advisor Contacts
Transferring LIBI Credits – To find out where you can continue your studies after LIBI, click here.