THE IMPORTANCE OF FINANCIAL LITERACY
Understanding financial literacy is a vital component in adult education. It deals with knowing how to conduct personal and business transactions in areas related but not limited to:
- Investing in the market and/or self-directed employee benefit plans
- Taking out loans for home and/or auto purchases
- Preventing fraud and/or identity theft
- Managing miscellaneous-type purchases on credit
- Maintaining accurate records (using Excel or Access)
- Planning a future family vacation
- Saving for an unexpected emergency or toward a well-deserved retirement
Attending Adult Education courses at LIBI is a requirement for Title IV Ability-to-Benefit students. These courses offer remedial skills that students need to maintain their career pathway program while demonstrating college readiness. Attendance in all class sessions, whether in combination with virtual and in-person, will support students’ success while continuing to earn their degree at LIBI.
Learning keeps evolving…so ensure to take the necessary steps to safeguard your financial well-being. Any of the linked resources which follow under the rectangular bars will support learning while keeping your spending vs. savings’ activities in balance.